Friday, February 1, 2008

The Importance of Reading

1.) Reading is an important tool to a writer. Reading can inspire writers to write about certain things and on the contrary to not write about certain things. To be a good reader, you need to be a good observer. The more you read, the better you become at observing what types of elements of writing work and don't work. For example when you read, you may notice a type of sentence structure that is more creative or that better illustrates a point compared to how you would have written it. Reading other people's thoughts and ideas and thinking about them can lead you to your own conclusions and therefore makes your writing better and stronger.


2.) Something in the world that concerns me is littering. Although it seems trite and small when you compare it to the vast amount of other problem's this world has- it still bothers me. It bothers me because littering is really easy not to do. For example, it bothers me when people are driving on the highway and they throw a cup outside of the window.  That scenario bothers me because the highway is a public place, and its important to keep it as clean as possible because everyone uses it.   


3.) One of my favorite Artists is Christina Aguilera. Most of her music from her "Stripped" album is very inspirational to me. Not only is her voice amazingly powerful, but the lyrics and meanings in her songs are too. The songs that I find inpirational are the ones that encourage self-power, self-motivation and self-recognition. A lot of her songs address the clashing of power between men and women and stress sexual equality. I think that Christina Aguilera comes off as a strong feminist in the media and I think it is good that she advocates for sexual equality. The inspirational lyrics are paired with strong undertones and interesting harmonies which make her songs never boring.

2 comments:

siena said...

I like how you picked Christina Aguilera as someone who inspires you. A lot of her songs are very powerful and meaningful. Music is a good inspiration.
Also, I agree when you said "to be a good reader, you need to be a good observer," I think that is very true because if one author tries something and it does not work very well, then others should learn from that example and try something new.

Lindsey said...

Littering is terrible. My brother does it all the time and I get so mad at him. I'm hoping one of these times he gets a fine for it!